Use the Exporter tool to save an external copy of data housed within your TreePlotter™ application.
Topics covered in this tutorial:
- Where is the Exporter Tool.
- How to export data to a .csv file
- How to export data to a shapefile
- How to export data to a DXF file
- Add photos or Eco-Benefits to your export
- Troubleshooting data export issues
- Video Tutorial
Where is the Exporter tool:
To access the exporter tool in your TreePlotter application go to Hub > Data Tools > Exporter.
How to export data to a .csv file:
- All filters set at the time of the export will be applied to the export data
- To export to a csv file choose csv from Export Type dropdown
- Choose the layer you want to export from the select layer dropdown
- Enter a file name if you like, if file name is left blank the system will use a default name
- Under the Advanced button you have the option to limit the number of exported records and toggle on/off the export of Ecosystem Benefits
- Then click the Export button
- The file will be exported to your downloads folder.
How to export data to Shapefiles:
- Shapefiles exported from TreePlotter™ are projected in Web Mercator (Auxiliary Sp) (EPSG:3857).
- All filters that are set at the time of the export will be applied to the data exported.
- In the Exporter Tool choose Shapefile from the Export Type dropdown.
- Choose the Layer you want to export from the Select Layer dropdown.
- Add in a File Name if you like or the system will name it for you.
- Under the Advanced button you have the option to limit the number of exported records and toggle on/off the export of Ecosystem Benefits.
- Click the Export button.
- Files will be exported to your downloads folder.
How to export data in DXF format:
Follow the instructions for the other methods but use DXF in the Export Type dropdown.
If your TreePlotter™ application does not have an option for drawing exchange format (DXF) Export Type please contact TreePlotter™ support HERE so they can add DXF format.
Add Photos or Eco-Benefits to your export:
- While in the exporter you can add photos and other attachments to the download in either a Shapefile or CSV
- Choose the Export Type and Layer and a File Name if you want
- Click Advanced
- You can limit the number of photos exported per Layer Type (Tree, Tree Inspection, Work Record, etc.), by adding a number to Limit
- Check Export Photos and Attachments
- Click Export
Troubleshooting data export issues:
- If nothing happens when you click Export check to see if your browser has a popup blocker active, if it does turn the popup blocker off.
There are only 3 files types that can be exported, .CSV, Shapefiles and DXF files. All columns will be exported. If you want to export a limited number of columns you can do this from the Exporter through the Data Table.