Formerly known as ‘Custom Interactive Map’, this tool allows you to save the current map settings as a scenario and share with colleagues. To begin, create your map scenario as you would any other map:
- Zoom to your desired location, set your map settings
- Set any filters using the advanced filters and filter legend
- Add any extra settings such as labels and layer colors
- Press the ‘Create Map Scenario’ button. You will be prompted to enter a custom URL parameter, you may enter an easy to remember name such as ‘Ash Trees in Poor Condition’. If your name has been used before, a number will be appended to your url to differentiate it. You may also choose to have the app generate one for you as an id number if you leave the name field blank.
- Your map will now be saved. Copy your new url and share with your colleagues.
This tool saves the following parameters:
- Map Settings: Zoom, base map, map center, custom imagery
- Advanced Filter: Current fields, filters, geo-filters
- Organizational Filters: For organizational apps only
- Filter Legend: Current layer, display by field
- Map Extras: Labels, layer settings
Please note, that if ‘Map Scenarios’ is the only tool available in the Data Tools menu, then the Data Tools menu will not be opened in that map scenario. However, if any other tools in the Hub, such as Map Tools -> Labels, Layers, etc are open when the map scenario is created, then these tools will also open by default when the custom url is visited.
If you need to revisit or delete any of your scenarios, simply click on ‘Manage Map Scenarios’ to get a full list of all the different scenarios in existence.
Want a video tutorial on creating a Map Scenario? Click below: