Learn how to use the measure tool to demine length, location, or area on the map.
Topics covered in this tutorial:
- Navigating to the Measure Tool
- Measure Tool Properties
- How to Export your Drawing
- Known Limitations
- Potential Next Steps
Navigating to the Measure Tool
- Navigate to the HUB in the upper lefthand corner of you application
- Scroll down to the Map Tools menu
- Select the MEASURE option
Measure Tool Properties
- Select a Measurement Type
- Select a Unit
- Select a color and size preference
- An Output Measurement/Stop/Modify options will appear as features after a Measurement is Started
The measure tool works much like the Draw tool, with the added functionality to list measurements of area, length, and location coordinates below. You have the option to change many of the same appearance parameters as in the draw tool as well as specify English Imperial or Metric units.
An example showing the area.
How to export your Map
- Navigate to the PRINT option within the Map Tools menu
- Select a file type
- Fill in the Title and File name
– Additionally, a Legend and/or Scale can be
added in this step
- Press the ‘Print’ Button
- This is a temporary Measurement – the moment you refresh your browser or log out your work will be deleted.